Schedule of Events
We have a jam-packed weekend planned for you this year! Please visit our Registration page to purchase Full Weekend Pass for only $115. À la carte event tickets go on sale August 20, 2018.
Wednesday, September 19:
6:00pm – 9:00pm – Pre-Weekend Dinner1 at Mariachi Restaurant
Thursday, September 20:
4:00pm – 9:00pm – Registration & Vendor Mall at the Atlantic Sands
4:30pm – 6:30pm – Wine & Cheese at Rehoboth Breeze1b
7:00pm – 9:00pm – Meet & Greet Cocktail Reception2 at CAMP Rehoboth
9:30pm – 1:00am – Guys, Games and Gimmies3 at Beach Nomad
Friday, September 21:
9:00am – 10:00am –Bear Beach Yoga by Nate Metz3b-&7b
10:00am – 2:00pm – Bears on Baltimore Beach Day4
12:00pm – 9:00pm – Registration & Vendor Mall at the Atlantic Sands
3:00pm – 6:00pm – Bear Happy Hour at Blue Moon5
7:00pm – 10:00pm – A TAILgate Dance Party6
10:00pm – 1:00am – Late Night Bar Crawl at Diego’s Hideaway7
Saturday, September 22:
9:00am – 10:00am – Bear Beach Yoga by Nate Metz3b&7b
9:00am – 11:00pm – Bear Weekend Team at AIDS Walk Delaware8
9:00am – 12:00pm – Registration at the Atlantic Sands
9:00am – 12:00pm & 5:00pm-9:00pm – Vendor Mall at the Atlantic Sands
9:30am – 4:00pm – Beach Bus Hours
10:00am – 3:00pm – Bears at Gordon’s Pond9
3:00pm – 6:00pm – Bear Happy Hour at Aqua10
7:00pm & 9:00pm – Comedian, ANT11 at Atlantic Sands
10:00pm – 1:00am – Late Night Bar Crawl at Cooter Browns12
Sunday, September 23:
10:00am – 1:00pm – Bear Art Show13 with VIP mimosa bar
1:00pm – 4:00pm – Closing Party14in the Biergarten at the Purple Parrot with a drawing at 3pm for prizes
1. We heard you loud and clear. If you’re like us and can’t wait for Bear Weekend to begin, join us before the official Kick Off at Mariachi Restaurant for a Pre-Weekend Dinner. Yolanda has reserved the entire second floor just for us including the outdoor dining area. Dinner will be buffet style including masitas (Cuban) chips with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. The main entrée features papusa, chicken casserole, plantains and rice & beans. We’ll finish dinner with the chef’s special dessert. This dinner is an add on and not included with your Full Weekend Pass. Tickets can be purchased now at $25 and includes non-alcoholic drinks. Happy Hour pricing is available for beer, wine, margaritas, and sangrias.
1b. After you visited our Registration desk at the Atlantic Sands, head over to Rehoboth Breeze for an informal wine and cheese hour (or two) from 4:30-6:30pm. Check out their latest funky and classic line of tshirts, sweatshirts and other fun gifts.
2. We’ve invited back last year’s Master of Ceremonies, Joe Thomas. Joe did such a great job all weekend long it just wouldn’t be the same without him. As you probably remember Joe is a comedian and author of Fasten Your Seatbelts and Eat Your F*cking Nuts. Well he has been very busy since last September, writing another book titled Flight Attendant Joe and he currently cohosts the adult comedy podcast, “Confessions On The Fly with LJ and Flight Attendant Joe”.
Join us at the Meet & Greet cocktail reception at 7:00 pm on Thursday at CAMP Rehoboth. Hors d’oeuvres will be provided courtesy of our sponsoring restaurants. This event is included with your Full Weekend Pass or $25 through à la carte online registration or $30 at the door. Two complimentary drink tickets will be offered.
3. Join us for Bear Bingo (free to play) at Beach Nomad Brews
located in the beach block at 20 Baltimore Ave. The event however is sponsored by The Pines
. The fun starts at 9:30pm Thursday night with everyone’s favorite flight attendant, Joe Thomas cracking jokes while DJ Sharon
calls the numbers. Then stick around for tunes and dance the night away. This is an open invitation event.
3b&7b. Join us for Bear Beach Yoga by Nate Metz
on Friday and Saturday morning at 9:00 am, September 21 & 22. The location is on the beach in front of the Atlantic Sands. No yoga props needed, but a beach towel, water, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses may be useful. Yoga mats work well if you have one. In the event of significant inclement weather, yoga will be cancelled. Nate will follow an “all levels” class format suitable for all experience levels. He will be bear-friendly with gentle instruction as needed in order to move safely.
4. Beginning at 10:00am on Friday meet us in front of the Atlantic Sands on Rehoboth Beach. Nothing fancy. Put your toes in the sand and swim in the ocean. Look for the bear flags. This is an open invitation event.
5.After the sun and sand head to Blue Moon
for Happy Hour beginning at 3:00pm! A staple in Rehoboth Beach for over 35 years, the Blue Moon combines fine dining on one side and a lively cabaret bar on the other side. Reservations are usually needed for dinner or Sunday Brunch. Check out their calendar for tea dances, Pamela Stanley, Friday/Saturday night shows and dancing.
6.Starting at 7:00pm on Friday night join us for a TAILgate themed dance party. You are encouraged to wear your interpretation of a the evenings theme – just keep your privates and starfish covered guys! We welcome back Philly’s premiere DJ, Carl Michaels to keep your feet moving. Talent from Philly’s Bearlesque
will be dancing alongside us on the dance floor and on their blocks. A complimentary wiener cart and draft beer are available while they last. Of course a full service cash bar is available. This event is included with your Full Weekend Pass or $25 through à la carte online registration or $30 at the door.
7.As the music stops and the house lights come up at Friday’s dance party you don’t have to go home because the party is far from ending. We are going to head down to the newest tavern and dance bar, Diego’s Hideaway
! Join us at 10pm at the site of the former Double L. We can’t wait to see the transformation.
8.Please join OUR team, the “Rehoboth Beach Bears and Friends” at the Delaware AIDS Walk on Saturday, September 22, 2018. The AIDS Walk is a great way to support HIV/AIDS services throughout Delaware. Plus, our team is always one of the most fun ones there!
We will meet at Grove Park between 9:00 and 9:15 that morning. The Walk itself starts at 10:00 AM. Those of you who purchased a Run Pass may prefer to walk only HALF of the Walk Route, then jump on the shuttle bus and head over to Gordon’s Pond for “Bears on the Beach”. If you want, you can even wear your swim trunks to the AIDS Walk!
To sign up for our AIDS Walk team, just click here and then click on the “Join Team” button in the middle of the page. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Glen C. Pruitt at (302) 562-2553.
9. Its back by overwhelming demand! Starting at 10:00am on Saturday, join us at Gordon’s Pond @ Cape Henlopen State Park for a beach party. Transportation, lunch, refreshments and beach games are provided. Get on the bus on Baltimore Avenue in front of the Atlantic Sands beginning at 9:30am. This event is included with your Full Weekend Pass or $25 through à la carte online registration. Sorry, tickets for this event cannot be purchased at the door.
10. You’ll be thirsty after a day at the beach so join us at Aqua
from 3:00pm-6:00pm. Sip your cocktails or grab a snack and hang out on Aqua’s bear-sized outdoor patio. Jumbo umbrellas provide needed shade from the afternoon sun or cover in the event of a sprinkle. Have a drink or a bite before freshening up for the rest of evening’s festivities.
11. You know him as the very talented, hyper, irreverent and downright fabulous regular on The Tonight Show, but damn! He is hot too! The extremely funny, ANT
performs his standup comedy routine at the Atlantic Sands Hotel. Show times are 7:00pm and 9:00pm Saturday night. ANT (all caps) is the only comedian to appear on all five seasons of NBC’s hit show, Last Comic Standing. He is recognized as the host of VH1’s “Celebrity Fit Club” and the LOGO series, “U.S. of ANT.” His DVD, “ANT – America is Ready” and comedy CD, “Follow My Ass” have sold
tens of thousands of copies. This event is included with your Full Weekend Pass and may not become available for à la carte online registration as seating is limited.
12. Cross Baltimore and Rehoboth Avenues after watching ANT and Joe to Cooter Brown’s
Twisted Kitchen & Bourbon Bar. The laughs and fun continue at 10:00pm for Bear Weekend’s final late night bar of the night! Unwind after a long day with new and old friends alike. The second floor location and outdoor atmosphere can’t be beat!
13. Join us at CAMP Rehoboth
Community Center for a feast for the eyes and for the belly! Sal Seeley has curated an exhibit of bear-friendly art for your viewing pleasure. Behind the bar, some friendly bears will be serving up mimosas and Bloody Marys. The Art Show are free to all. Drinks will be available for sale, except for our Full Weekend Pass holders. For them, the drinks are on the house!
14. For the fourth straight year, Rehoboth Beach Bear Weekend ends in the Biergarten at the Purple Parrot. The closing party begins at 1:00pm on Sunday. Order a snack and/or a drink and bid your new friends adieu till the next time. At 3:00 we’ll draw the winners for the door prizes and the Bear Weekend’s 50/50 raffle. This event is free to all. Though prize tickets are included with your Full Weekend Pass or $5 in advance or at the door.